Sunday, July 20, 2008

mhmm.

I got an A in Chem. Yes everyone, Shannon Mimms got an A in Chem. Who saw that coming? Not I.

Now to tackle the remaining 2 weeks of Native American Religion and I will hopefully have a 4.0 for my last semester at WCU. Holla holla to being an almost grad.

So my friend is getting married. It's not the best thing for her at all. At all. But she is going to do it and it's been such a struggle for me. I think I care too much. But whatever. So we were at work one night and I was working on announcements for graduation and out of no where this burst of love and compassion overwhelmed me and I said I'll do whatever you need for the wedding. I proceeded to ramble off a list of possible things I could help with including murder, baking, and flower arranging. She looked at me and said that's good because I want you to be a bridesmaid.

....what?

So I said okay, if that's what you want me to do I'll do it.

I need a little animated character of myself that acts out what I'm really thinking or feeling. Like Lizzie McGuire from back in the day. I was totally shocked when she asked me to do that. Of course on reflection I saw that she had wanted to and because I'm so bull headed and hateful sometimes she was afraid to ask me. As I said, I care far to much.

So behold: Shannon the anti-marriage, reformed bridesmaid.

I got a new camera. It's a Canon PowerShot and I really love it. It has the cool flippy screen and whatnot. Super fun. I've been taking pictures like no one's business!

I babysat two of the coolest kids ever on Friday night. Caleb and Megan. They live way the crap out in White Oak and I saw some elk while Megan and I were on the trampoline speaking in British accents. It was pretty much amazing. I love that I get paid to play on the Will Fit, trampoline and swings with two kids that I love. It's a good life. Unfortunately I've been working upwards of 50 hours a week with my children at Long's. Some days it's amazing and I wouldn't' have it any other way. Other times I want to commit some terrible crime. All in all it's been a rewarding summer so far.

All the fam comes down from IN and other various places on August 1st to see me walk across the stage like a cool kid. It'll be neat.

We're also going to Charleston on Friday and I'm so excited I can't see straight! Charleston is one of my favorite cities in the world for sure. Maybe my favorite... next to Oxford. I really loved Oxford. So I have this great camera and I'll be in a fabulous city with my amazing brother. I will have lots to share with you.

In the meantime I must return to reading for class. I have a big quiz and a few presentations to fine tune... wooohooo!

No comments: