Tuesday, December 25, 2007

tis the season...

Oh my dear internet friends and intimate friends alike- Merry Christmas to all of you.

I'm afraid I have not much time for this post, but I felt the need to take a moment and send seasons blessings to all of you!

I got a jar from my mom that is called the "Give Thanks Jar". It was made by a local artisan, I love that, and she picked it up at the craft fair some months ago. I was really struck by this gift, first it's gorgeous, ceramic painted blue and green with the words "O Give Thanks" carved into it, but secondly, because the point of it is to write down things you are thankful for and store them in the jar. I was trying to count my blessings last night when I was going to to sleep and praying and I realized there are too many to count. God has blessed me in such an abundant way, with my family, my friends, and the life that I live. It allowed me to see how selfish I have been in recent months, and how my behavior reflects little, if none, of His glory. This is one thing that He has brought to my attention.

I just read my friend Marlee's blog post about family and blessings and faith through fear, it touched me and brought tears to my eyes. She words what I am trying to say here beautifully in the last few paragraphs. I encourage you to go read her post and do as she advises. She's under my links as Marlee I believe.

Again, Merry Christmas to all of you and I hope you find yourselves as blessed as I have!


P.S.
"How the Grinch Stole Christmas" is my favorite.

1 comment:

Emily said...

That jar sounds neat. I'm thankful for you. Hope you had a great Christmas.