Wednesday, January 2, 2008

happy new year! (well, one day too late)

Hello 2008, let's be friends.

Oh man, I have yet to make my list. I have a new Moleskine, and I have every intention of putting the list in there first. However, I want to post it here also.

Some things I have been thinking of include:
  • Tone up (not lose weight, I know I don't need to do that).
  • Take time to pray, there is always time to spend with Him. He deserves it after all.
  • Be honest with God. Brutally honest, He knows it all anyways.
  • Be still and listen.
  • Take more photos, even when there is nothing inspiring around.
  • Spend more time in the woods. That is where I feel more in tune, why have I stayed away?
  • Don't let time (or lack there of) control my life and what I do.
  • Have the courage to follow what He wants.
It's coming along quite nicely if I say so myself.

Lately I have been getting more private. I go through phases where I am all about being out and hanging with friends and going places and being a nerd, and then I have times where I retreat back into myself. I become less social, unless it involves a coffee shop outing, I become more private in the goings on of my life. Normally the people that mean a lot to me are informed of what I do and who I see and whatnot. Lately, unless you live with me or YOU have contacted me directly, you don't see or hear from me.

I can't really explain the reason for my behavior pattern in this regard. I use this time (usually) to grow and to create. I create all the time, but in times like this I'm much more reflective and analytical about what I create, whether it is a photograph, a cup of coffee (yes.), or a sketch. It also forces me to deal with issues I'm avoiding. It's so painful, but so rewarding -- most of the time. I'm not going into detail on here as to what is ailing me right now. That is for my dairy, me and God. But, if you should feel compelled to pray for me, that would be great.

I think I'm going to stop here for the night. I've been talking to my friend Brent in the midst of writing this and am now drained.

One final thing I'll leave with you is:
Redemption Songs
Jars of Clay

listen and enjoy.

2 comments:

Bonnie Joan. said...

hi my friend.


i have one now, xanga kept freezing every time I popped it up on my computer. I like your posts, they are very creative and fun to read. I miss you, and your face =].


--Bonnie.

Marlee said...

so...i changed my layout.

again.


i know, i'm kind of ocd.

but you love me! :-D

go look and tell me what you think!

-cb♥