Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Ah, the first snow of the season!

I met up with a friend today for coffee at Panacea. I love Panacea because of not just the coffee, but because of the different company you can keep while you're there. I spend an awful lot of time there since I'm working mainly in the afternoons and I have my mornings pretty much free. This friend of mine and I go back about a year and a half. We've been pretty close and then we had a bit of a rough patch and she moved away. She's back now and I'm so thankful for that, I think she needed to come back and this may be selfish, but I needed her to come back. It was very enlightening to spend some time with her today over coffee on the big ugly orange couch from the 70's in my haven of comfort. I had forgotten how much she surprised me with her insight and her knowledge of people. Her experience in life far outweighs my own even though she is just a couple of years older than I am.

Yesterday at the church I was hearing tales of the possibility of snow. All I could think was: this early in the season? No way.

Ha. I was wrong.

The kids had a two hour delay, which was nice, I got to see my brother some this morning before we both went on with our days. I love spending time with him. I feel like because I'm looking for a real job our time is limited together. That might be silly but there it is. I digress, I spent some time with the first snow of the season (despite my coughing from the cold of satan). I took some pictures and just enjoyed the general cold splendor. I love the fall color when it's covered in a nice layer of snow. The white offsets things wonderfully.

I think snow might be my favorite. It's not necessarily a rarity in the mountains, but a lot of times we get excited about it and it doesn't come. We had a nice half an inch at my house that I played in. I love how quiet things are when it's snowing, it's not like rain, bouncing around and letting you know it's there. Snow is much less unassuming that way. It just blankets everything in the wonderful white layer of goodness. It was nice to get out there alone with my camera to spend some time with God while in the midst of this early season blessing. He can speak really well to me through little things like that.

I've also been spending a lot of time with James Taylor. I had forgotten about my old CD of his "greatest hits". It's been wonderful to settle down with a good book, coffee, and sweet baby James.

One last thing: go to wisdombook.org and watch the video. Let it inspire you like it inspired me.

No comments: